Ways to Help Support the Immune System
Beyond the importance of eating a healthy diet to help support your body, it’s important to get the nutrients you need to support your immune system. Taking good care of your body allows your body to take good care of you. Here are some vitamins and minerals for immune support to focus on. You’ve got this!
What key vitamins and minerals help support the immune system?
There are many vitamins and minerals that are important for health. But there are a few nutrients that have key roles in immune support: vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc. There are also botanicals such as elderberry fruit that have been traditionally used to help support the immune system.
Vitamin D supports your immune system and is often called the “sunshine vitamin.” That’s because, unlike other nutrients, vitamin D can be produced when the sun hits your skin. The ability for vitamin D to be created by the sun depends on many factors, including geographical location, time of day, pollution, weather, skin color, and sunscreen.
If you aren’t able to get vitamin D from the sun, it’s good to know you can find vitamin D in some foods. You can find vitamin D in fatty fish, beef liver, egg yolks, cheese, and some mushrooms. Cow’s milk is also fortified with vitamin D.
If you are not sure if you get enough vitamin D from the sun and food, there are vitafusion™ gummies to help you get the vitamin D you are looking for:
- Vitamin D3 – with peach, blackberry and strawberry flavors. Each 2-gummy vitamin serving provides 50 mcg of Vitamin D3.
- Extra Strength D3 – for those that want even more Vitamin D3, this gummy vitamin offers 375% of the Daily Value of Vitamin D3 in a 2-gummy serving with a delectable strawberry flavor.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that supports immune health*. Antioxidants help fight free radicals which are naturally produced by our bodies*.
While many people think of citrus fruits as a source of Vitamin C, it is also found in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables! Some of these vitamin C rich foods include kiwifruit, mangoes, broccoli, bell peppers, winter squashes, and bok choy.
vitafusion™ also offers delicious vitamin C gummies bursting with citrus flavors:
- Power C – a 2-gummy serving of these orange-flavored gummies provides over 300% of the Daily Value of Vitamin C.
- Power C Extra Strength – these delicious, tropical citrus-flavored gummies provide 500 mg of Vitamin C in every 2-gummy serving.
Zinc is an essential mineral that supports immune health and provides cell support.* Zinc can be found in foods like shellfish, a wide variety of meats and poultry, beans, cheeses, and nuts.
If you are looking for a zinc gummy, try vitafusion™ Power Zinc. It is a delicious, strawberry-tangerine flavored gummy containing high potency zinc per serving for immune support*, plus vitamin C.
Elderberry is not a vitamin or mineral but is actually a dark purple berry from the European or Black Elder tree. Historically, elderberry has been used to support the immune system.* Vitafusion™ Elderberry gummies offers 225 mg of elderberry juice per serving along with vitamins C and D in a delicious natural berry flavor.
Are there other supplements that support the immune system?
Yes – not only are there single nutrient supplements like vitamin D, vitamin C, and zinc, but there are multivitamin supplements available with these nutrients that can help support the immune system.
- Multi + Immune: the benefits of a daily multivitamin plus immune support all in one serving with a fantastic strawberry-tangerine flavor.*
- Triple Immune Power: contains RenewX™ Prebiotic, which nourishes the digestive tract along with zinc and vitamin D for immune support in an elderberry and lemon flavor.*
Making sure your diet is varied and balanced as well as getting enough sleep and physical activity help support your immune system. Vitafusion™ gummy vitamins are here to support you so you can take on your day!
Brought to you by the vitafusion™ nutrition experts.